Welcome to My Rally Campaign
- Help disabled veterans with a week-long adventure like no other! We're riding recumbet trikes, bikes and handcycles across the State of Iowa in the 45th edition of RAGBRAI. Each year, the route is approximately 450 miles, completed over six days. It is a ride, not a race.
Why We're Raising Funds
- To raise awareness of disabled military veterans, both physically and mentally, and how recreational therapy can assist veterans in living a productive life and feel "normal" again.
- We will be sponsoring 22 disabled veterans with transporting themselves and their equipment to Iowa to participate in this annual event, and providing a support vehicle and food/beverage/maintenance while riding.
How will cycling across Iowa help veterans?
- Physical Exercise helps the body, mind and soul. Training for an extreme event encourages months of work, and a long-term healthy lifestyle.
- Sponsoring 22 veterans in a long distance ride not only provides a challenge to those veterans, but raises awareness of PTSD and reminds us of the 22 veterans who commt suicide each hour, each day.
- By interviewing with media along the route, more people become aware of the struggles veterans face, even years after combat and leaving the military.
- Extra funds will go to purchase adaptive, recreational therapy equipment (recumbent cycles and handcycles) for veterans in need.
- Right now, there is only small team in San Antonio, TX, but we will add more to this Rally event as we develop.
Join My Team and Spread the Word!
- Thank Boosters (TBD) and ask them to share your Rally via the social media share buttons on your page.
Groups and individuals raising money for the same goal.Join Rally Roster